The plan was presented on Thursday by chairman Dragomir Matić, who said that the successful 2015 should be followed up with an even more successful 2016.
According to unaudited results, the operator of Slovenia's sole maritime port last year generated EUR 173.3m in net sales revenues, up 12% year-on-year. Cargo transshipment was up 9% to 20.7 million tonnes.
Matić noted that the company had posted a record net profit of EUR 26.6m last year, which would have exceeded EUR 30m without impairments.
These numbers keep Koper among the leading ports in the Adriatic Sea in terms of container transshipment and one of the largest car transshipment terminals in the Mediterranean, he added.
A total of EUR 77m in investments is planned this year, with an emphasis on the container terminal.
Five new railway tracks are currently under construction and the company also expects to get a building permit for an extension of pier 1, which could take place in 2018.
The port will also get this year a new warehouse for the car terminal and terminals for general and bulk cargo, three new reservoirs for liquid cargo. The entrance into the port will also be expanded.
Luka Koper is also facing a number of risks, according to the chairman, which are related both to the "non-responsiveness by the Ministry of Infrastructure and the alarming situation in transshipment to rail."
"Railway operators are not able to bring in and out the cargo destined for the port of Koper," Matić said, adding that on Wednesday alone some 300 carriages had failed to be delivered.
In addition to the logjam on the railway network, the company is also facing dissatisfaction of customers and even concrete threats.
"A part of certain cargo has already been rerouted to other ports and if the problem persists, we are very worried about how the traffic and growth in Luka Koper will develop."
Matić was also critical of the government, and more specifically of the Ministry of Infrastructure. Last year's development programme was confirmed only in May and this year's programme, which was sent in September, has not been confirmed year, he said.