A user is any legal or natural person who uses or visits the listed website (hereinafter: the user).
protection of personal data
At sloveniatimes.com, we respect your privacy and the security of your personal information. We undertake to use your personal information exclusively for the purposes set out below. We protect your personal data carefully and in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation ( Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data). / 46 / EC ) (hereinafter: GDPR), and other legal regulations governing the protection of personal data.
1. Personal data controller
The controller of personal data obtained on the above-mentioned website, which is processed in accordance with the Internal Rules on Personal Data Protection, is Domus, zalozba in trgovina d.o.o., Bregarjeva 37, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia (hereinafter: Domus, the controller), owner of the website sloveniatimes.com.
2. data protection
Any questions about data protection or violation report can be sent to the authorized person who can be reached at the e-mail address: email@example.com.
3. Transfer of personal data to third parties, third countries or international organizations
Domus does not provide personal data to third parties, third countries or international organizations.
Exceptions are statistics on visits and use of websites that use online platforms including but not limited to, Google Analytics, LiveNetLife, Teads, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, LinkedIn, and the online platform MailChimp for sending electronic notifications about events, promotions news, offers, invitations to events and e-publications of The Slovenia Times.
4. Types of personal data, legal basis and purpose of use
- Domus collects and processes personal data based on the:
- consent of individuals,
- concluded contracts,
- or for the implementation of activities before concluding the contract, legitimate interests of which Domus strives to fulfil the legal obligations that apply.
Consent – based processing:
An individual whose personal data is processed based on consent may give consent to the processing of personal data for each individual purpose separately.
The data subject may, at any time, revoke the consent given for each individual purpose separately, in a simple and easily accessible manner.
4.1.1 Sending news, notifications, promotions, etc.
- sending electronic notifications about current promotional campaigns,
- electronic notification of news and events hosted by sloveniatimes.com,
- sending e-publications
Based on the consent for each purpose separately, Domus collects and processes the following personal data of the individual: name, surname, e-mail address, street, house number, postal code, city, country and telephone number.
4.1.2 User account registration
The registration of a user account is performed by the individual voluntarily, thus giving consent to processing for the purposes of user account registration. Upon registration, however, the individual may also give consent for the other purposes listed above.
For the purpose of registering a user account for websites, Domus collects and processes the following personal data:
- mandatory data: username, nickname, name, surname, e-mail address
- optional information: phone number, address, date of birth, gender.
4.1.3 Participation in prize games
By participating in the prize game, the individual gives consent for the processing of personal data for the purposes of carrying out the prize game on sloveniatimes.com, which also includes informing the winners of the prize game.
To carry out the prize game, Domus collects and processes the following personal data: name, surname, full address, e-mail, telephone number and date of birth. For prize winners, a tax number and a bank account number are also collected in accordance with the General Terms and Conditions.
4.1.4 User Content
sloveniatimes.com, owned by Domus. enable users to publish comments and submit their own news (hereinafter user content).
By publishing a comment or submitting your own news, it is understood that the user has given consent to publish user content on the website, sloveniatimes.com.
Domus is not responsible for user content published on the websites. User content is the property of users and they are responsible for it themselves. User content is part of the General Terms and Conditions of web portals.
4.2 Processing under contract
Domus collects and processes personal data of individuals based on a contract or for the implementation of activities before the conclusion of the contract for the purpose of performing contractual obligations.
4.2.1 Implementation of subscriptions
Domus processes personal data of individuals based on a concluded contract for the purposes of performing a subscription relationship.
The personal data of individuals that is processed for the purpose of performing subscription relationships are name, surname, full address, e-mail, telephone number, date of birth, bank account number and tax number.
4.2.2 Delivery of printed magazine, The Slovenia Times, to the client’s address
For delivery of printed editions of the magazine, The Slovenia Times, to the client’s address, Domus processes the following personal data: name, surname, full address.
4.3 Processing based on legitimate interests
Domus collects and processes personal data based on legitimate interests for the following purposes:
- statistical analysis of visits to sloveniatimes.com
- providing and improving services
- providing and developing innovative and customized services for customers and users of sloveniatimes.com,
- to ensure the security of services and websites, and to protect against fraud, spam, abuse, etc.
For these purposes, Domus collect and process the following personal data: IP address, statistical data on visits to the website sloveniatimes.com, data on the number of clicks, click time, data on incoming and outgoing websites, data on client profile.
Personal data processed for the above purposes is not linked to the personal data of identifiable individuals.
4.4 Processing based on legal obligations applicable to the controller
Domus collects and processes personal data of individuals based on the legal obligations that apply to the controller, including the keeping of accounting records, invoicing, debt collection.
For the stated purposes, Domus collects and processes the following personal data: name, surname, address, bank details, tax number, email address, telephone number.
5 Protection of personal data
To ensure the protection of personal data, Domus implements all necessary physical, technical, logistical and organizational procedures and measures, on the basis of adopted internal acts and in accordance with good practice in the field of information protection or through contractual partners, so that:
- protected by application software with which personal data is processed
- prevents unauthorized access to personal data during their transmission, including transmission via telecommunications and networks
- provides an effective way to archive, destroy, delete or anonymize personal data
- protect the premises, hardware and software
- enables later determination of when individual personal data is processed in any way and who processed them, for the period for which the individual data is stored.
6. Retention period of personal data
The personal data of an individual obtained based on consent is kept for five years from the revocation of consent.
The personal data of an individual processed on the basis of a contract may be kept for another 10 years from the fulfilment of the contractual obligations of both parties, and in the case of recovery of unpaid contractual obligations for 10 years after the conclusion of court proceedings.
Personal data collected based on legitimate interests are kept until the exercise of the rights of the individual to whom they relate or as long as there is a purpose for which they were originally collected.
7. Individual rights
In accordance with the applicable legislation governing the field of personal data protection, the individual has the following rights:
- The right of access of the data subject: The data subject has the right to obtain confirmation from the controller as to whether personal data is being processed in relation to him or her and, if so, access to personal data.
- Right to repair: The data subject has the right to have the controller correct inaccurate personal data concerning him or her without undue delay. The data subject has the right to supplement incomplete personal data, considering the purposes of the processing.
- Right of deletion: The data subject has the right to have the controller delete the personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, and the controller has the obligation to delete the personal data without undue delay.
- The right to limit processing: The data subject has the right to have the controller restrict the processing where the individual disputes the accuracy of the data, when the processing is illegal and opposes their deletion, and instead requests a restriction on their use when objecting to their processing; and where the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but the individual needs them to enforce, implement or defend the claims.
- The right to data portability: The data subject has the right to receive personal data concerning him or her held by the controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable form, and the right to pass this data on to the other controller without obstructed by the controller to whom the personal data were provided.
- Right to contract: The data subject shall have the right to object at any time, for reasons related to his or her specific situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her based on processing necessary for the legitimate interests of the controller, including profiling…
- Automated decision making, including profiling: The data subject has the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has or has a significant effect on the legal effects relating to him or her.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: The data subject may lodge a complaint regarding the processing of his or her personal data directly with the competent supervisory authority: To the Information Commissioner of the Republic of Slovenia .
8. Manner of exercising the rights of individuals
The data subject may, at any time, exercise the rights to which he or she belongs in accordance withGDPRby sending a request via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The website, sloveniatimes.com, uses so-called cookies for smooth operation. These are files that are stored on the user’s device with which the user accesses the web portal. They store the user’s unique data about the user or the settings chosen on an individual website.
You can read more about cookies and how to manage them in the Cookie Use Policy .
III. Changes and validity