Revoz to relaunch production next Wednesday

Novo Mesto – The production at Renault-owned assembly plant Revoz, which was suspended this week as a supplier of insulation components had to stop deliveries due to a massive fire, will be relaunched next Wednesday. Components will be delivered from Spain, where Treves managed to transfer a part of its production.

The Novo Mesto plant had to suspend production on Wednesday evening as it had spent its stock of insulation components after the company Treves from Bič near Trebnje went up in flames in mid-January and was forced to suspend production.

Revoz spokeswoman Nevenka Bašek Zildžović told the STA on Friday that the production at Revoz would be relaunched at 6am on Wednesday and continued with the regular afternoon shift.

Bašek Zildžović explained that Treves had managed to secure the supply of floor and other insulation built into the Renault Twingo model, which accounts for roughly two-thirds of Revoz’s output.

For this reason, the plant decided to suspend production altogether, and now the entire production will be relaunched. Revoz also produces the electric Twingo ZE, the Renault Clio and the electric Smart Forfour EQ.

Revoz, which employs more than 2,400 people, has kept only a small part of the workforce active on projects that must not be suspended, said the spokeswoman, adding that the lost output would be compensated quickly.

Treves director Andrej Baškovič told the press earlier this week that a part of the production was being launched in the new part of the plant, which had not been affected by the fire, with first shipments of insulation components due next week.

The company is also looking to compensate for loss of output in its subsidiaries in Spain and France. Part of the undamaged equipment and part of employees have already been sent to Spain.