The Slovenia Times

Lowest motorway e-tolling bid just shy of EUR 100m

Nekategorizirano


The lowest bid was placed by national telco Telekom Slovenije in conjunction with Norwegian provider Q-Free. They are offering to build the system for EUR 99.99m.

Iskratel, a Slovenian IT company, and Slovak Skytoll offered EUR 110.1m, Slovenian Cetis EUR 114.6m, and the Austrian Kapsch TrafficCom offered EUR 114.96m together with its Slovenian subsidiary.

Price will make up 70% of the final assessment of the bids, with technology and other parameters the remaining 30%, according to Bojan Banfi, the chair of DARS's selection commission.

The open call was open-ended as far as technological solutions are concerned, with no system given pre-emptive preference.

The highest and the lowest bid both involve microwave technology. The technology of the other two bids has not been disclosed, but it is safe to assume that Iskratel and Skytoll opted for satellite given that Skytoll used that technology in Slovakia.

DARS was initially to open the bids October, but the process was delayed due to a complaint by Kapsch TrafficCom, which was rejected by the National Review Commission, the appellate body for public contracts.

Major tenders are typically beset by appeals by non-selected bidders, which was the case with previous e-tolling tenders in 2012 and 2013.

Information gathered today suggests this one will be no different.

Jo┼że Hebar, a representative for Kapsch, said the technology his firm uses was the best. If his firm is not selected, it will use "all available legal means," he said.

The chosen provider will have a year to set up the system, which will be in place for all vehicles over 3.5 tonnes. Given the scope for appeals, the system is unlikely to be in place before 2017.

The toll sticker system will meanwhile remain in place for vehicles below 3.5 tonnes.

Share:

More from Nekategorizirano