The Slovenia Times

Blue Cards for Expert Immigrants


The blue card simplifies the administrative procedures. In the past, migrants first had to apply for a work permit and only then were they able to get a residence permit. It will be issued to migrant workers with higher education.

The card will be issued by administration units for the maximum of two years. If an employment contract specifies a period shorter than two years, the card is issued for this period with additional three months after the contract runs out.

To get the blue card, migrants must apply at Slovenia's embassies or consulates abroad, while the future employer will file for the card at the relevant administrative unit in Slovenia.


More from Nekategorizirano